The demand for software engineers is growing rapidly and shows no signs of slowing. Jobs in software engineering are expected to grow at the fastest rate of all occupations by 2029, growing at the fastest rate of all occupations combined. Software engineers and developers are unquestionably in high demand.
It's an exciting time to work as a software engineer. Despite their enormous potential, futuristic technologies such as artificial intelligence, virtual reality, and big data are still in their infancy. Experimenting with such cutting-edge technologies, as well as projects that are indirectly related to them, can make you indispensable in the future job market. To build on this long-term goal, you must first be properly placed in the present one.
The use of code to create innovative products that solve real-world problems will define software engineering in 2021. Today's software developers must hone both technical and metacognitive abilities. It is critical to understand approaches, techniques, and working styles in addition to technologies.
Because demand is only going up, upskilling is the only way to gain a competitive advantage. So, the important question to ask is which of the software engineer skills will get you a better job offer, so let's go over that:
1) Kubernetes: Kubernetes, a container orchestration tool, goes a step further by managing containers on your behalf. This means you don't have to worry about the scalability of your application because Kubernetes or K8s will handle it for you automatically.
Learning Kubernetes will not only help you in your current job but also in the next one, as it is the most in-demand skill by businesses of all sizes. In the current industrial scenario, where Kubernetes project ideas are in high demand across domains, career opportunities for Kubernetes professionals appear to be extremely promising.
2) Redux: According to a report, as the coronavirus pandemic prompted digital transformation across industries, it also increased demand for IT professionals, with expertise in programmes such as Redux becoming fast-emerging choices for recruiters.
Developers can use Redux to create applications that have consistent behaviour, can run in a variety of environments, and can be easily tested.
Redux is a programming tool that manages the data displayed to users and its response to interface commands. It was designed to make the development and maintenance of Interface Programming Applications (IPAs) simple and easy. Redux is described as predictable, centralised, debuggable, and flexible.
3) Docker: Docker is another skill that is in high demand by businesses of all sizes. By 2021, I believe that every programmer, software engineer, data scientist, and even project manager should be familiar with containers and tools such as Docker. It has now been demonstrated that containers like Docker not only help developers test their applications in a unified environment, but also make the deployment process easier.
Docker enables you to deploy your application and all of its dependencies in a single step, while also providing process isolation.
4) AWS (Amazon Web Services): AWS by Amazon is a constantly evolving cloud computing platform that offers a mix of IaaS (infrastructure as a service) and PaaS (packaged software as a service) services.
AWS, the world's most widely used cloud platform, provides more than 200 services from various data centres and has millions of customers worldwide.
AWS is simple to use, offers a wide range of tools, has unlimited server capacity, and offers several other advantages to its customers. As a result, there is an increase in demand for AWS engineers who create, maintain, and evolve AWS cloud infrastructure to ensure that applications run smoothly.
To get started with cloud computing, I recommend learning AWS because it is the most popular and mature cloud platform, and there is a high demand for AWS-savvy developers and system administrators.
Depending on the company, an AWS engineer has a variety of responsibilities. Some basic responsibilities include AWS implementation and growth, management of its configuration and continuous integration, system security, handling CI/CD pipelines, and much more.
5) Azure: Azure includes server software that is pre-installed and ready to use for a variety of languages, including.NET, Java, PHP, Node.js, and Python. The platform is available in over 60 countries and is one of the easiest enterprise clouds to set up and run. Azure makes use of cutting-edge technology to boost productivity and reduce costs.
Some of the skills required to become an Azure developer include:
1. unit integration testing
2. prototyping and software development
3. Application scaling for quality assurance
4. Knowledge of web applications and database components
5. Pipeline monitoring
6) Spark: With businesses generating large amounts of data at an increasing rate, it is critical to analyse the data in order to gain meaningful business insights. Hadoop, Spark, Storm, and other big data processing alternatives exist. Spark is the next evolutionary step in big data processing environments because it provides batch and streaming capabilities, making it a popular platform for quick data analysis.
Apache Spark is one of the most widely used data science programming tools. Spark, written in the Scala programming language, assists businesses in generating and analysing large amounts of data in order to gain insights for day-to-day operations.
Spark supports a variety of programming languages, including Java, Scala, R, and Python, making it simple for software developers to learn.
As the next big thing in data processing, it is an excellent career path for developers to pursue.
7) React.js: You may already be aware that ReactJS is an excellent tool for creating native apps that work on both iOS and Android. You don't have to work on Android and iOS separately!
It enables developers to create scalable and easy-to-manage web applications, which is one of the main reasons why the skill is in such high demand.
If you have the required skill set and are ready to keep yourself updated, your career as a React JS developer is expected to continue to grow.
8) Linux (UNIX): UNIX has also stood the test of time. It has also been around for more than 30 years, and I hope it will be around for many more in the future. Because most programmers must work on UNIX machines, such as Linux servers, a solid understanding of the Linux command line is essential.
It enables you to work more efficiently. You can search files, monitor the system's performance by checking CPU and memory usage, and perform basic and advanced tasks.
According to 74 percent of hiring managers, the most in-demand skill in new hires is Linux.
Getting a solid technical foundation in software engineering will help you grow as a future-focused software engineer. It is our responsibility to shape and win the future. Prepare to learn, unlearn, and keep a positive attitude as you move forward.
Finally, software development is a fast-paced industry that sees dramatic shifts every few years. So, one of the most important skills you can learn is 'how to learn,' and how to do so consistently and with finesse. The road ahead of you is brimming with exciting opportunities. Simply take advantage of them!
Perfect eLearning offers basic & advanced coding tutorials for people who want to learn how to code.
1. Introducing the best basic coding courses online.
2. The benefits of taking coding courses online.
3. The top three coding courses online that you should check out.
4. How to get started with coding courses online.
5. The best way to learn to code online.
6. The future of coding courses online.
7. Introducing the basics of coding
8. The benefits of learning to code
9. Types of coding tutorials available
10. How to get started with coding
If you're looking to learn to code, there are a variety of ways you can go about it. But, if you're looking for the easiest and most efficient way to learn, then these 5 steps are the way to go:
1. Choose the right language.
2. Use coding boot camps.
3. Use online coding communities.
4. Use online coding tutorials.
5. Use online coding examples.
For more details, you can talk to our experts.
Learn & Grow!