Why is Automation Testing needed?
Almost every software company or organization tests its products until they deliver software that is free of defects or bugs. Even after following the best manual testing practices, issues may reappear in the live environment, despite the efforts of test engineers to discover them before the product is released.
Manual software testing is performed by a human who carefully goes through a web, mobile, or desktop application, experimenting with various scenarios, input combinations, and data, comparing the actual results to the expected behavior, and ultimately reporting their findings to the developer. Sometimes, Testing scenarios are repetitive during software development cycles due to source code changes and other factors such as multiple operating environments and hardware configurations. This is where the requirement of Automation arises.
Software test automation is the most effective way to increase the effectiveness, efficiency, and almost perfect coverage of your software testing.
A Few Advantages of Automation Testing:
1. It saves both time and money.
2. Extends your test coverage significantly.
3. Enhances testing accuracy.
4. Automation can perform tasks that manual testing cannot.
5. It enables developers and testers to identify issues quickly before submitting them to the testing environment.
6. QA and Development Teams Morale Increases.
There are many languages that can be used for testing automation, so why Python?
Python can make a significant difference for beginners. It comes pre-loaded with a set of tools and libraries to assist you in developing automated test scripts for your application. It's much easier to get started for a variety of reasons, including:
- Dynamic Typing: Python interpreter does type checking only when code runs, and the type of a variable is permitted to change over its lifetime. In Java, types of variables are much more complicated and disordered.
- Interpreter, which allows you to program "one line of code at a time" and try expressions without the need to write a small program to test concepts like you have to do in Java.
- A huge library of handy functions, called "batteries included"
- A debugger that allows you to easily inspect your objects and see which methods they have. Instead of spending hours reading documentation, you can experiment with your code.
- It is the first language designed to be read by humans as the priority.
- It works on Windows, Linux, and MAC.
- It's a widely-used programming language, which is used by professional Testers.
- It says “Hello world” in one line, unlike Java, where you sort of just have to remember the public, static, void, string, bracket, etc.
- It doesn't force you to learn object-oriented programming.
We have compiled a list of 22 libraries that will provide you with more than enough reasons to love Python:
Python Test Automation with Selenium
Nowadays, we have the Selenium-Python coupling for browser UI automation. The Selenium framework package is widely used in Python to automate web browser interaction. When it comes to browser-based automation testing, it is the most well-known industry standard. A huge number of Automation Testers have also started using Selenium with Python for test automation.
Given below are some of the reasons why Selenium with Python is widely used for Automation:
- Selenium is the most widely used automation tool that offers various functions which are developed to satisfy the requirements of web application testing. And the Python language is gaining a lot of popularity because it has fewer syntax issues and can be coded with a simple keyword.
- Selenium refers to standard commands of Python to various browsers irrespective of the browser design.
- The combination of Python and Selenium gives various APIs which help testers to write functional tests scripts as well as Regression Test scripts.
- Both Selenium and Python are open source, which means anyone can easily download them and use them in any project and environment.
The software testing field can hugely profit from Automation and can free up resources and time for more creative testing tasks. Thus, to be highly productive and provide high value, testers should develop coding skills to reap the benefits of automation. As an easy-to-learn scripting language, Python is a great option for testers in the beginning.
Learning to program in Python can be fun if you come up with an exciting idea that can be translated into a useful piece of software, and there are several great resources available on the web to help you along the way.
So on a final note, yes Testers can use Python for test automation to improve the efficiency of the overall Testing procedure. Automation in testing can make a room for testers to focus on unique and creative testing tasks that are not repetitive in nature.
Perfect eLearning offers basic & advanced coding tutorials for people who want to learn how to code.
1. Introducing the best basic coding courses online.
2. The benefits of taking coding courses online.
3. The top three coding courses online that you should check out.
4. How to get started with coding courses online.
5. The best way to learn to code online.
6. The future of coding courses online.
7. Introducing the basics of coding
8. The benefits of learning to code
9. Types of coding tutorials available
10. How to get started with coding
If you're looking to learn to code, there are a variety of ways you can go about it. But, if you're looking for the easiest and most efficient way to learn, then these 5 steps are the way to go:
1. Choose the right language.
2. Use coding boot camps.
3. Use online coding communities.
4. Use online coding tutorials.
5. Use online coding examples.
For more details, you can talk to our experts.
Learn & Grow!